Za Hung Joint Stock Company (Project Owner) cooperate with Energy and Environment Consultancy Joint Stock Company (Consultancy Company) have carried out the renewal credit period (RCP) of Za Hung Hydropower according to GS-CDM.
The second crediting period is expected to start on 01stJanuary, 2019 and finish on 31st December, 2025.
Details of the project are mentioned in the section below
Please send your comments to the project:
Project Owner: Za Hung Joint Stock Company
Add: 1st Floor, Hoang Sam building, Nghia Do ward, Cau Giay district, Hanoi.
Phone: +84 62694352
CDM – GS Consultancy Company: Energy and Environment Consultancy Joint Stock Company
Add: 8 th Floor, Diamond Flower Tower, No. 48, Le Van Luong street, Ha Noi
Phone: +84 6666 9753
“Za Hung Hydropower Project, Viet Nam” non-technical description
The project activity, which is owned by Za Hung Joint-Stock Company, involves the construction of a two generating unit hydropower plant having installed capacity of 30 MW.
The main structures of the project include a dam, water intake, tunnel, pressurize-well, penstock, a power house, electricity distribution station, etc. The project is located in Za Hung and Ma Cooih commune, Dong Giang district, Quang Nam province, Viet Nam. The project activity will generate renewable power with negligible GHG emissions, which will displace part of the electricity otherwise supplied by fossil fuel fired power plants.
Contribution to sustainable development
- The project encourages hydropower utilization to generate electricity, which otherwise would have been generated through alternate fuels (most likely fossil fuels) based power plants, contributing to reduction in specific emissions (emissions of pollutant/unit of energy generated) including GHG emissions.
- Being a renewable energy source, hydro energy used to generate electricity contributes to resource conservation and reduces reliance on exhaustible fossil fuel based power sources as well as the need to import fuels for the purpose of power generation.
In recent years, Viet Nam has suffered a critical electricity shortage as a consequence from rapidly increasing demand and insufficient supply, thereby imposing negative impacts on economic growth as well as on daily lives of people. The project will directly contribute towards balancing the supply and demand gap. By exporting electricity directly to the national grid, it will help to reduce electricity losses across the national grid and to lessen the risks of cascading national grid collapse due to overload.
Moreover, the CDM project will:
- Increase employment opportunities in the area where the Project is located, which will give an increase in local community’s income in general;
- Facilitate the industrialization process through the provision of stable power and enhance the local investment environment and thereby improve the local economy;
- Diversify the sources of electricity generation, important for meeting growing energy demands and the transition away from diesel and coal-supplied electricity generation;
- Contribute to poverty alleviation through income and employment generation: the Project will employ people throughout project operation.
- Contribute towards the tax revenues of the province.
- Proposed project would lead to the development of the region.
- During civil work, the proposed project is expected to generate considerable employment opportunities for the local population.
- Other than these, there are various kinds of mechanical work, which would generate employment on regular and permanent basis.
- Modern and highly efficient turbines and generators will be used under this project, which in turn will accelerate the deployment of renewable energy technologies in Viet Nam.
- Za Hung hydropower project, Viet Nam supports technological and know-how transfer from other regions or even other countries through trainings and practical works.
In conclusion, Za Hung hydropower project, Viet Nam will contribute positively towards sustainable development and be consistent with the energy policies set by the Government of Viet Nam. Therefore, it satisfies the sustainable development criteria for CDM projects set by the DNA of Viet Nam.
See more document at:
1,234 views, 2