PC3 Investment Joint Stock Company (Project Owner) cooperates with Energy and Environment Consultancy Joint Stock Company (Consultancy Company) have carried out the renewal of 3rd credit period (RCP) of Dak Pone Hydropower according to GS4GG.
The third crediting period is expected to start on 01/06/2024 and finish on 31/05/2029.
Details of the project are mentioned in the section below
Please send your comments to the project:
Project Owner: PC3 Investment Joint Stock Company
Add: 78A building, Duy Tan, Hai Chau district, Da Nang city
Phone: +84 236 221 2545
CDM – GS Consultancy Company: Energy and Environment Consultancy Joint Stock Company
Add: 8 th Floor, Diamond Flower Tower, No. 48, Le Van Luong street, Ha Noi
Phone: +84 6666 9753
“Dak Pone hydropower project” non-technical description
The project activity, which is owned by PC3 – Investment Joint Stock Company involves the construction of two small-scale sub hydropower plants including Dak Pone hydropower plant and Dak Pone – Expansion hydropower plant with an installed capacity of 14 MW and 1.6 MW, respectively. They are located on the Dak Pone and Dak Ne rivers in Mang Canh and Dak Long communes, Kon Plong district, Kon Tum province of Viet Nam. The project activity will generate renewable power with negligible GHG emissions, which will displace part of the electricity otherwise supplied by fossil fuel fired power plants.
Contribution to sustainable development
- The project encourages hydropower utilization to generate electricity, which otherwise would have been generated through alternate fuels (most likely fossil fuels) based power plants, contributing to reduction in specific emissions (emissions of pollutant/unit of energy generated) including GHG emissions.
- Being a renewable energy source, hydro energy used to generate electricity contributes to resource conservation and reduces reliance on exhaustible fossil fuel based power sources as well as the need to import fuels for the purpose of power generation.
In recent years, Vietnam has suffered a critical electricity shortage as a consequence from rapidly increasing demand and insufficient supply, thereby imposing negative impacts on economic growth as well as on daily lives of people. The project will directly contribute towards balancing the supply and demand gap. By exporting electricity directly to the national grid, it will help to reduce electricity losses across the national grid and to lessen the risks of cascading national grid collapse due to overload.
Moreover, the CDM project will
- increase employment opportunities in the area where the Project is located, which will give an increase in local community’s income in general;
- facilitate the industrialisation process through the provision of stable power and enhance the local investment environment and thereby improve the local economy;
- diversify the sources of electricity generation, important for meeting growing energy demands and the transition away from diesel and coal-supplied electricity generation;
- contribute to poverty alleviation through income and employment generation: the Project will employ people throughout project operation.
- contribute towards the tax revenues of the province.
- Proposed project would lead to the development of the region.
- During civil work, the proposed project is expected to generate considerable employment opportunities for the local population.
- Other than these, there are various kinds of mechanical work, which would generate employment on regular and permanent basis.
- Modern and highly efficient turbines and generators will be used under this project, which in turn will accelerate the deployment of renewable energy technologies in Vietnam.
- The Project supports technological and know-how transfer from other regions or even other countries through trainings and practical works.
In conclusion the Project will contribute positively towards sustainable development and be consistent with the energy policies set by the Government of Vietnam. Therefore, it satisfies the sustainable development criteria for CDM projects set by the DNA of Vietnam.
864 views, 2